Saturday, March 21, 2015

G'day Mate!


We had an amazing time in Sydney last weekend! I did a lot of sight seeing while Pete was in meetings on Thursday and loved exploring this city down under. We met friends for drinks at the Opera Bar and then had dinner with some of Pete's co workers at Cafe Sydney. Great food with an
amazing view!



On Friday we went out to the Sydney Cricket Ground to watch one of the Cricket World Cup matches,  England vs. Afghanistan, with Pete's friend Mike. Luckily Mike is an avid cricket fan and could explain what was going on as we watched. I still don't really get it. :) It was raining so there wasn't that great of a turnout but still a good time. 

SCG Stadium 


On Saturday we went out to Watson's Bay for lunch and then Bondi Beach for some cocktails at the famous Icebergs Club. It was perfect weather! Watson's Bay was so cute and Bondi Beach is beautiful and reminded me a lot of LA. We had dinner in Pete's old neighborhood in Double Bay at his favorite Italian restaurant. Such a great last full day in Sydney! 

View of the city from Watson's Bay 

Selfie!

Bondi Beach 

Icebergs Club at Bondi Beach
We have been in Singapore this week and are having some friends over for a BBQ tonight. We definitely have established a good friend circle here which has made this transition so much easier. Pete and I go to Hong Kong next week for the Rugby 7s tournament. HK is one of my favorite places we have been so far,  so I am looking forward to going back. The Rugby 7s is one of Pete's most favorite sporting tournaments during his time in Asia so I look forward to reliving his glory days with him. hehe. :)

I hope everybody is enjoying the first day of Spring and March Madness. We created a pool here with some other Americans. It has been fun, even if we can't watch any of the games! Miss everybody!! 

XOXO
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment