Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Fedora Type of Easter



I know, I know...Easter was two and a half weeks ago and I am late to blog about our amazing trip to Phuket with the Knudsen family! Well, it was a blast! Sarah and Garrett Knudsen (pronounced Kah-newd-son) were on Semester at Sea with Pete a million years ago and now live in Geneva, Switzerland. Sarah needed to come to Singapore for work, so they turned it into an awesome Spring Break vacation and we tagged along to Thailand for Easter. Sarah and Garrett also have two super cute kids, Annabelle and Lewis. We had such a great time hanging with them in Singapore and Thailand. 

Annabelle and Lewis enjoying the Night Safari

After a fun week in Singapore, (including the night safari at the Zoo and a late night out without the kids) we all made the 1.5 hour flight to Phuket. Pete and I checked into the Anantara Phuket Villas. I absolutely LOVE this hotel. The service is amazing and the property is gorgeous. Each villa has its own pool and since it was our second stay, ours was complete with Welcome Home sign! 

Anantara Phuket Villas

Entrance to our Villa 

Jumping from the bedroom into the pool!
We spent a lot of time in the pool, Lewis and Annabelle were showing off their swimming skills and 
belly flops. Lots of fun! Saturday night was an adults only night and the four of us went to dinner at Baan Rim Pa and then out in Patong Beach. Patong is very loud, sleazy and fun for about one night. We played Connect Four, flip cup (for the record, Sarah and I beat Pete and Garrett 3 times in a row) and enjoyed an awesome cover band. To finish off the night, Pete bought everyone fedoras and himself a cowboy hat at a street vendor. Stylish is an understatement. 

Finishing up dinner at Baan Rim Pa





Easter Brunch the following Sunday was definitely a little sluggish to start, but luckily the bottomless mimosas and Japanese cuisine helped cure the hangover. The fresh sushi and 4 teppan-yaki stations were delicious! They practically had to roll us out of there. 





It was another fantastic trip, especially since we had good friends with us! 

xoxo

Liz 

No comments:

Post a Comment